Last updated on June 4, 2020 at 3:07PM MDT.
We understand concerns about COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) are top of mind for our members. Many states have closed breweries and distilleries to decrease the spread of the virus. This, in turn, will affect craft malthouses and many other businesses in the craft malt supply chain. In an effort to help, we’ve compiled a list of resources below that we hope you will find helpful to your craft malt business during these challenging times.
Additionally, the board has made the following decisions to hopefully help ease the blow of the COVID-19 pandemic (if ever so slightly) for our members:
- 60-day OPTIONAL deferment of dues payments for all membership tiers (EFFECTIVE March 19th through June 19th, 2020) – Those whose membership comes up for renewal during this period will have the option to defer payment until May 19th, 2020. Additionally, any new members who would like to join our organization are welcome to join during this period and have membership dues payments deferred until the above date.
- Please note, you will still receive invoices from us for membership renewal and we will happily take your dues (we’ve got bills to pay too!), however, we will not require payments be made until the deferment period is up. We plan to re-evaluate this decision on a monthly basis and will keep our members abreast of changes in policy as they arise. Learn more about membership and how to join here.
- Access for ALL MEMBERS to Webinar & Video Archive for the next 90 days (EFFECTIVE March 19th through June, 19th, 2020) – Given the need to social distance and self-quarantine during the foreseeable future, the board has voted to grant access to our vast Webinar & Video Archives to ALL MEMBERSHIP TIERS for the next 90 days. This decision came as a result of a recommendation from our Member Services Working Group as a response to the COVID-19 crisis. Additionally, going forward, ALL MEMBERSHIP TIERS will also have full access to all past webinars (Note: This is a permanent change in member benefits). So stay home and learn something from the many educational videos in our archives!
If there are any resources you don’t see on this page you feel should be added, please let us know!
Lastly, if you or your business has been directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, we’d like to hear from you. We want to know how you are coping, what you’re doing to keep your business going during this troubled period, and how you are supporting your local industry partners. While we must stay separate (social distancing), we also must remember we’re still all in this together. Feel free to reach out to me with your resource suggestions, stories, and experiences at [email protected]
Craft Maltster Surveys
Legislative Information and News
- PPP Flexibility Passes Senate (Brewers Association)
- Multistate COVID-19 Policy Tracker
- USDA to Provide $16 Billion in Direct Assistance to Farmers and Ranchers, $3 Billion in Agriculture Purchases
- USDA Announces Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (USDA.gov)
- Analyzing The CARES Act: From Rebate Checks to Small Business Relief for the Coronavirus Pandemic (PDF) (KITCES.com)
- Brewers Association:
- U.S. Tax Deadline Pushed Back to July 15th (Wall Street Journal)
- ‘Hold On, Help Is on the Way:’ U.S. Senate Passes Second COVID-19 Relief Bill (Ward and Smith, PA have produced this concise overview of the legislation.)
- Congress.gov – H.R. 6201 Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Guidance and Resources for Craft Malthouses and other Affected Businesses
- Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Application (PDF)
- Small Business Development Webinar Series Archive, Montana State University Extension
- Tackling the New Normal – Financing, Employment, and Other Business Strategies During the Time of COVID-19 (4/27/2020 webinar recording)
- Save Small Business Fund
- COVID-19 Insurance FAQ (Main Street Swimmer Insurance)
- CMG Blog: COVID-19 Pandemic Disaster Funding Awareness
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Department of Labor: Occupational Safety and Health Administration COVID-19 Overview
- Department of Labor: Questions about Family Medical Leave Act and Fair Labor standards act
- U.S. Small Business Association (SBA): Disaster Assistance Loans & COVID-19
- Brewers Association:
State-Specific Business Assistance and COVID-19 Information
- North Carolina – NC Brewers Guild COVID-19 Resources
- Michigan – Vital Funding for State’s Small Businesses Gains Michigan Strategic Fund Support
- Montana – MT Brewers Association COVID-19 Resource Center
Business Continuation & Communication
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Staying Connected with Customers Through the Coronavirus Outbreak
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: 5 Resources to Help Your Business Survive the Corona Virus
Quality and Safety Recommendations
- Craft Maltsters Guild – Quality and Safety Manual
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- EPA-approved list of Coronavirus antimicrobial products
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration: COVID-19 Control and Prevention
Craft Brewing Industry Guidance
- Brewers Association: Coronavirus Resource Center
- Brewers Association: Small Business Association Loan Resource Center
- Nationwide List of To-Go Beer Options by Breweries (CraftBeer.com)
- Sign up your brewery here to join the list via the COVID-19 Craft Brewery Sales Support Form.
- American Distilling Institute
Mental Health Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Managing Stress & Anxiety
For Everyone: Coping with a Disaster or Traumatic Event
- Coping with Disease during Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
For Families with Children:
- Helping Children Cope with Emergencies
- Coping After a Disaster – A Ready Wrigley activity book for children age 3-10