The Empire State Barley and Malt Summit will be Wednesday, December 12th and Thursday, December 13th, in Liverpool, NY.
The Summit will bring together leaders in the New York State malting barley supply chain to provide:
- Research-based technical updates
- Best practices for success
- Supply-chain networking opportunities
The event will kick off Wednesday, December 12th, with updates from the government, economic educators, and hops, malting, and brewing sectors. The day will be capped with a tasting, featuring several breweries and distilleries pouring samples of craft beer and spirits which highlight the use of New York State-grown hops, barley, and grains as well as a New York State-inspired buffet dinner. Day two will be a series of educational sessions featuring researchers, extension specialists and industry experts, as well as ample networking opportunities.
Who should attend?
- New York State malting barley growers and malt house operators
- Small grains growers interested in malting barley as a new crop
- Brewers and distillers that wish to better understand the growing and malting processes
- Industry support providers that work with growers, maltsters, and brewers
To learn more and to register, visit the Empire State Barley and Malt Summit page.
See more upcoming events here.