Given annually during our Craft Malt Conference, the Soles of Malt Award is named in memory of William Soles and stands for selfless and philanthropic stewardship of craft malt. The recipient of the award should embody these traits.
Read more about this year’s award and selection committee here.
The 2023 award recipient will be announced on Friday, March 17 during the 2023 Malt Cup Awards Ceremony, held during our annual Craft Malt Conference. The award winner will receive a $500 scholarship to provide an experience for learning and collaboration. The scholarship funding must be applied toward connecting and collaborating for the betterment of their soul and craft malt.
Past award recipients include:
- 2017 – Andrea Stanley, Valley Malt
- 2018 – Aaron MacLeod, formerly Hartwick College
- 2019 – Dave Thomas, Dostal Alley Brewpub
- 2020 – Ryan Hamilton, Michigan State University
- 2021 – Paul Schwarz, North Dakota State University
- 2022 – Malt Academy team, Canadian Malting Barley Technical Centre
- 2023 – TBD
Submit nominations by January 31, 2023, to be considered.
Past Award Recipients
You must be logged in to post a comment.