The North American Craft Maltsters Guild was founded with a mission to promote and sustain the tradition of craft malting in North America, provide services and resources to the Association’s members, and uphold the highest quality and safety standards for Craft Maltsters. Our Guild believes that we will be most effective in pursuit of this mission when all of our members act with honesty and integrity and conduct themselves respectfully.
The Guild Board of Directors voted to adopt the following code of conduct on January 20, 2022. All members of the North American Craft Maltsters Guild are expected to abide by this code. It is a condition of membership for all membership tiers. This code also applies to attendee conduct at all Guild events, whether virtual or in-person, regardless of an attendee’s individual membership status.
The Craft Maltsters Guild believes people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are essential to building strong, healthy communities. Strong communities employ inclusive practices that allow a broad spectrum of voices to be heard, ensuring equitable access and opportunity for all.
The Guild is committed to providing equitable access to education and opportunities in the craft malt industry to all. We recognize and welcome the contributions all people bring to our industry while honoring their diversity in background, education, abilities, culture, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, and beliefs. The Craft Maltsters Guild is a community for everyone.
Therefore, our members agree that they will:
- Treat all individuals respectfully, recognizing their human dignity, regardless of their diverse human characteristics including race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, apparent or hidden disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Contribute to a positive environment that is free from harassment, hostility, and offensive behaviors.
- Respect the opinions of others and address conflicts in a positive and constructive manner.
- Respect others’ privacy in their personal lives.
Compliance with Law
The Guild’s commitment to integrity begins with complying with laws, rules, and regulations where we meet or do business.
- Members must make reasonable efforts to understand and comply with all applicable legal requirements imposed on their operations by federal, state, and local authorities.
Within the conduct of our events, Guild members may share and enjoy alcoholic beverages and other intoxicating substances that are common to social settings. Responsible and legal consumption is the guiding principle for consumption of any intoxicating substances during or in conjunction with Guild activities.
- Craft Maltsters Guild members are responsible for protecting the image of both the Guild and associated industries by taking steps to assure that no member, including themselves, will break any laws or otherwise do harm to the guild community, guests, or vendors/sponsors in the process of purchasing, sharing, or consuming alcoholic beverages and other intoxicating substances in association with Guild sponsored events.
- Consumption of, or abstention from, alcoholic beverages and intoxicating substances is a personal choice. Guild members should respect an individual’s choice to consume or abstain.