The Craft Maltsters Guild began taking action on our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiative during the summer of 2021, partnering with Crafted For All to develop a mission statement and plan to support more diversity, equity, and inclusivity in the craft malting industry at large. From the start, these efforts have been led by a board-appointed task force featuring a mix of both board members and general members. We announced our DEI initiative and accompanying mission statement during a virtual Town Hall on November 3, 2021. Watch the recording here.
The Craft Maltsters Guild is committed to providing equitable access to education and opportunities in the craft malt industry to anyone interested. In line with this commitment, the Guild also offered our first scholarship opportunity in late 2021. A total of three scholarships were given with each including free virtual registration to our 2022 Craft Malt Conference and a complimentary one-year Individual Membership with our organization. 2022 recipients were profiled on the Guild news page and social media channels throughout the year.
- Jessi Flynn: Elevating the Sorghum Industry of Rwanda, August 30, 2022
- Jen Ireland: Learning the Science, Mastering the Craft, July 13, 2022
- Maany Ramanan: Innovating an Inclusive Future in Malting, April 19, 2022
Information about our 2023 scholarship opportunities will be announced in late October.
DEI In Action
Our continuing efforts in the DEI arena are curated below. Check back frequently for updates as we produce new content on a quarterly basis.
- DEI In Action: Work From the Inside Out to Establish Inclusive Hiring Practices, June 15, 2022
- DEI In Action: Writing An Inclusivity Statement for the Craft Maltsters Guild, March 16, 2022
- DEI In Action: Craft Maltsters Celebrates Crafted For All, November 17, 2021
- Craft Maltsters Guild to Host Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Town Hall November 3rd, October 20, 2021
For more tools and information to help you in your journey to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and just organization, visit our DEI Resources page.