Check out 5 ways to get involved in the Craft Brewers Conference 2017:
Craft Brewers Conference (CBC) & BrewExpo America is the largest annual educational conference and trade show for professional craft brewers in America. The Craft Maltsers Guild will have an exhibitor booth during the conference to give exposure to craft malt and opportunity to share distinctive flavors that malt can deliver.
Send in your Malthouse logo. Regular member malthouses will be displayed across the below map in the booth at CBC. A HUGE thank you to fellow maltster Alan Gladish of Double Eagle Malt, Philadelphia, PA and Praxis Communications, Inc. for the creative booth mastery.
Sign Up for Booth time at CBC. Available to both regular and associate members! You are encouraged to sign-up for booth times, show your support for the Guild and for regular members to display your own craft malt. This poll is open until March 15 and then specific times will be assigned per your suggested availability. The time spots are first come first serve!
SAVE THE DATE: 2017 Annual Meeting & Social at CBC
Date & Time: April 12, 4:30 – 7:00 PM, Washington DC. Cost: $25; attendees will receive beverage and appetizers. Registrations for virtual and in-person meeting are here: www.craftmalting.com/events
Bring your malt samples to the annual meeting! We would like to have as many sample gourmet bags at the annual meeting as possible. The plan is to photograph and video the samples to collectively showcase our Guild members! Can’t make it to Washington, DC? We will have arrangements for members to watch annual meeting virtually.
Become a malt sensory ambassador. The Guild was recently awarded a grant from the Brewers Association to advance malt sensory. Part of this grant is to select ambassadors to help advance malt sensory in the field.
Malt Sensory qualifications and tasks:
- Interest in malt sensory and education
- Able to lead groups in malt sensory evaluation
- Attend a virtual webinar on overview of malt sensory in March 2017
- Attend 2 Malt Ambassador virtual trainings in March 2017
- Run a 1 hour Craft Malt Sensory tasting at the CMG Booth
- Present at least 1 more Malt Sensory Event in yourregion/area to help those in the value chain (growers, breeders, brewers, beer consumers) understand the distinct flavors and aromas that come from local craft malt at locations such as local brewer’s guild meetings and university field days.
The benefits of becoming a malt sensory ambassador are advanced sensory training, peer-to-peer learning plus industry exposure.
Email [email protected] and [email protected] by February 28th to signal your interest.
Until next time, Cheers!
You must be logged in to post a comment.