The Craft Maltsters Guild seeks a motivated, enthusiastic, and highly organized individual to assist with Guild marketing efforts and event planning, organization, and management of the 2022 Craft Malt Conference. Building on our 2021 virtual conference, the Guild is planning a “hybrid” event for 2022. This internship provides a valuable opportunity to gain experience in the creation and development of digital marketing content and strategies for an international trade association, as well as the unique chance to take part in planning and organizing large-scale in-person and virtual event experiences.
Excellent communication skills and a strong interest in event planning and organization, digital marketing, and technology are essential to succeed in this position. Knowledge or, at the least, a general interest in craft malting and/or craft beer and spirits are desired, but not necessary.
This internship is a majority remote position, with the exception of required in-person attendance at the 2022 Craft Malt Conference in Portland, ME. Applicants should be 21+.
Terms: Part-time, remote work, approximately 5 to 10 hours per week
Time Frame: 6 months, September 2021 to February 2022 (start and end dates are flexible)
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: $2400 stipend, complimentary registration to CMC 2022 plus travel expense reimbursement, event schwag, complimentary Individual Membership with the Guild which includes unlimited access to Guild Members Only content including our 100+ educational video archive, member forum, and bi-monthly webinars.
Marketing & Communications
- Develop and execute event digital marketing plan
- Assist with drafting and editing of copy for conference web pages, email newsletters, social media posts, and other marketing materials
- Coordinate attendee email communications
- Assist in planning and prep tasks for both in-person and virtual conference sessions
- On-site and virtual event coordination and execution support
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Team player
- Eagerness to learn
- Proficient multitasker
- Drive to succeed
- Professional approach to alcohol consumption
- Knowledge or, at the least, a general interest in craft malting and/or craft beer and spirits
- Previous experience working in a remote position
- Prior experience in communications and/or journalism and/or events planning and organization
- Familiarity with software and apps such as Zoom, Google Suite, Mailchimp, Later.com, and popular social media platforms
- Knowledge/past experience with live streaming and associated streaming platforms like Crowdcast or StreamYard
How To Apply
To apply for the internship, please send a cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Jesse Bussard at [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until August 1, 2021.
The North American Craft Maltsters Guild does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other non-merit factor.